Dating apps scam committed by criminal from inside prison

4641 views 104 replies
Reply to Topic
ritcha

Total Posts: 0

"It's one of the easiest ways to get money to be honest. If you've got a girl and she works and she's into you, why not ask her to send over money? Lawyers are the best obviously."
Jamie - not his real name - is in his early 20s .
For the last few years he made money by scamming women, usually those a lot older than him, who were looking for love.
He did this while in prison for an unrelated crime, using an illegal mobile phone he had hidden.
He was recently released and spoke to the BBC's File on 4 programme.
He says he will not commit the fraud again, and wants to make amends by exposing some of his tactics to serve as a warning to others.
'It was work'
"It was a last resort kind of thing, I just saw how easy it was," Jamie says.
"The most I ever got from a girl was £10,000... every week she was sending me £100, £200.
"I've forgotten her name now, I don't see it as a relationship, I [saw] it as work."
He says his accounts were blocked after the victims reported them, but he was never punished for the frauds.
He says people using dating apps should watch out for men contacting them who are a lot younger or "better looking", who start asking for money, especially if they have never met in person.
Jamie says he picked his targets by looking for those he thought likely to be lonely and lacking attention from others on the apps. His theory was that they would be more willing to "do anything" to avoid risk losing the connection.
And he says he would use his real photographs, confident that his looks would help lure victims in.
"I would go for older women and look for the desperation," he says.
"Keywords would be like 'I just want happiness' or something like that. I'll act cool at the start and if she talks back then I know she's interested just from my pictures.
"From then, that's when I start putting my game on, selling you dreams like 'I want a kid with you.'
"[I] just say everything that she wants to hear until she's fallen in love."
Until he felt that his victim was emotionally attached, Jamie said he wouldn't tell them he was in prison.
He claims that he often messaged women for months, charming them before revealing the fact.
When he did, he says he lied about the reason he was jailed, telling women it was for driving offences rather than violent crime.

Read related news:  joker game

Posted 23 Feb 2021

kokevi says
Welcome to the trusted official bolatangkas site 389Sports, this site provides the most complete variety of online agile gambling games ranging from bolatangkas, tangkasnet, royal tangkas, 88tangkas, tangkasgold, mickey mouse gambling, and tangkaspro. bolatangkas
Posted 22 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
Mention the year together with your key words as on-line end users are ecstatic to have most recent info. This is a great way of finding blog page commenting. Your blog or weblogs will need to appearance appealing, eye-catching plus the title have to be unique to ensure viewers cannot resist looking through it.  Turkey Visitor Visa
Posted 23 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
Welcome to Trophy Monster, the online store for the champion in all of us. Get personalised trophies, medals and awards for events of all kinds, ... trophy
Posted 24 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually something that I think I would by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely extensive for me. I’m looking ahead on your next publish, I will attempt to get the dangle of it! SEO Dover
Posted 28 Mar 2022

kokevi says
Enjoy millions of the latest Android apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines & more. Anytime, anywhere, across your devices. band
Posted 28 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
All our fivem products include all fivem frameworks, and it works well on them. We provide different types like esx scripts, qbus scripts, vrp scripts, standalone scripts, nopixel scripts, etc. are like no other on the market.   fivem
Posted 29 Mar 2022

soveda4966 says
dispensary delivery near me |Find local marijuana dispensaries, deliveries, and doctors where you can buy marijuana, seeds, clones, get a medical marijuana ... weed delivery
Posted 30 Mar 2022

john_kelly says
Thanks for the great post you posted. I like the way you describe the unique content. The points you raise are valid and reasonable. I am a tech support expert telling you about. metamask login metamask login metamask login crypto.com login crypto.com login crypto.com login kraken login kraken login kraken login uniswap exchange
Posted 30 Mar 2022

kokevi says
Welcome! You are a click away from highly engaging training systems featuring interactive simulations, dynamic educational content, and extensive feedback. Log ... interview trainer
Posted 30 Mar 2022

Albertjhon says
We are the leading eSports platform in Europe. ; Fair competitions. Our algorithm guarantees to match players with similar skill level. ; Leagues and leaderboards. mobile gaming platform
Posted 30 Mar 2022

soveda4966 says
Buy Generic medicines online from Propharmacystores. Approved online pharmacy. No prescription needed. Free shipping. vigora 100
Posted 02 Apr 2022

lojil55700 says
A coronavirus sanitizer in the future is likely to be a must for most facilities. Reports suggest that the spread of the virus is rapid, with new cases emerging daily. The strain is transmitted easily between humans through droplets, according to scientists. SanitizeIT is capable of killing viruses that land on surfaces used by humans.
Posted 09 Apr 2022

Where are find all the details of this topic i m finding to this on the internet in few days finally found it thanks for share this wonderful post lots of details are present in this article upword.com
Posted 06 Jul 2022

jiuer7845 says
Jordans
Yeezy
Jordan Shoes
Adidas UK
Air Jordan 4
Air Jordan 1
Jordan 1
Air Jordans
Nike Air Jordans
Jordans 1