Dating apps scam committed by criminal from inside prison

4631 views 104 replies
Reply to Topic
ritcha

Total Posts: 0

"It's one of the easiest ways to get money to be honest. If you've got a girl and she works and she's into you, why not ask her to send over money? Lawyers are the best obviously."
Jamie - not his real name - is in his early 20s .
For the last few years he made money by scamming women, usually those a lot older than him, who were looking for love.
He did this while in prison for an unrelated crime, using an illegal mobile phone he had hidden.
He was recently released and spoke to the BBC's File on 4 programme.
He says he will not commit the fraud again, and wants to make amends by exposing some of his tactics to serve as a warning to others.
'It was work'
"It was a last resort kind of thing, I just saw how easy it was," Jamie says.
"The most I ever got from a girl was £10,000... every week she was sending me £100, £200.
"I've forgotten her name now, I don't see it as a relationship, I [saw] it as work."
He says his accounts were blocked after the victims reported them, but he was never punished for the frauds.
He says people using dating apps should watch out for men contacting them who are a lot younger or "better looking", who start asking for money, especially if they have never met in person.
Jamie says he picked his targets by looking for those he thought likely to be lonely and lacking attention from others on the apps. His theory was that they would be more willing to "do anything" to avoid risk losing the connection.
And he says he would use his real photographs, confident that his looks would help lure victims in.
"I would go for older women and look for the desperation," he says.
"Keywords would be like 'I just want happiness' or something like that. I'll act cool at the start and if she talks back then I know she's interested just from my pictures.
"From then, that's when I start putting my game on, selling you dreams like 'I want a kid with you.'
"[I] just say everything that she wants to hear until she's fallen in love."
Until he felt that his victim was emotionally attached, Jamie said he wouldn't tell them he was in prison.
He claims that he often messaged women for months, charming them before revealing the fact.
When he did, he says he lied about the reason he was jailed, telling women it was for driving offences rather than violent crime.

Read related news:  joker game

Posted 23 Feb 2021

soveda4966 says
how to discuss is a Q A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world s knowledge People use How to Discuss to ask questions on any subject
Posted 03 Feb 2022

soveda4966 says
Antonio is one of the top-rated Rhode Island RI Photographer Maternity and we have an all-female team of assistants to ensure you have a comfortable and wonderful experience. Visit our website ?for more information.
Posted 03 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
jasmine essential oil If you haven't already heard, Young Living Philippines has recently relaunched their Premium Starter Kit into the Premium Experience Set. Now, its more easy than ever to get started on your oiling experience because you receive everything you need, including a guide on how to use the oils! https://jenntabios.com/
Posted 06 Feb 2022

kokevi says
We know that it is not easy to study abroad, because of language barriers, high tuition fees, and difficult homework. Quiz , Lab , Assignment , and Final Project are like mountains that overwhelm everyone. Every day is either catching Due or on the way to Due. . matlab??
Posted 06 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Good post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you! visto canadense
Posted 07 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
The primary purpose of the eat-and-run verification site is to find the eat-and-run site and prevent it.However, the most important part is the post-processing of the members who have been affected by the eating out.If you are not compensated for the damage, the damage will be borne by the members. ?????
Posted 07 Feb 2022

Posted 07 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Junk car removal buffalo ny We truly mean business and after you call us, we’ll fix a time to come out, go through your car, diagnose the issue and provide you the best solution ever. https://bobscashforjunkcarsbuffalony.com
Posted 12 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
I as well believe thence , perfectly pent post! . Turkey Tourist Visa
Posted 14 Feb 2022

soveda4966 says
The Newspaper Division of the proceedings contains the following 21 papers: "Exploring the Turnover Issue: Why Newspaper Reporters. Nevada Newspapers Online
Posted 19 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Self Motivation Importance in Marathi | Self Motivation Importance in… byMarathi Status March 20, 2021 ... https://www.myhindiquotes.com/
Posted 20 Feb 2022

kokevi says
Tooth Gem Training Contact us for further details about our body enhancement training programs and services. Fill the form and our representative will respond immediately. https://www.bodylabsac.com/tooth-gems-course
Posted 21 Feb 2022

kokevi says
companies that install fences We offer Commercial and Residential fence installations and repairs in Cape Coral, SW Florida. Gator Fence Corp is the best fence service company in SW Florida ... https://gatorfencecorp.com/
Posted 21 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Adorable 100% cashmere sweaters, pullovers, and jumpers for women. 1-ply and 2-ply, mostly handmade in the EU. Free shipping worldwide. cashmere cardigans
Posted 23 Feb 2022

soveda4966 says
There is no job too big or small for Handyman in my area, ceiling repairs, leaky faucets, drywall work of any kind, fencing if it is broken or not working, or ... handyman services
Posted 26 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Kinds of Engines vacation packages ‘re affordable, of benefit nevertheless, you pick up every single single single ability required by specific bargain. Search Engine Optimization  URGENT INDIA VISA
Posted 28 Feb 2022

soveda4966 says
Tours | Blogging Journey for beginner's provides the guide of Blogging, WordPress, SEO, Affiliates, Hosting, Theme, and online... News WordPress Theme
Posted 01 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
Buy bitcoin in Canada in person and online instantly with interac E-transfer. Vancouver Bitcoin has been operating since 2017  Buy and Sell Crypto
Posted 02 Mar 2022

kokevi says
by the form of playing online slots games ready for you to come and try Plus you can also get free credits. and many more slots promotions for you to choose to receive easily so that you can play online slots games Without having to deposit a single baht, try to play for free and still get a lot of money playing slots. Journey to Wealth
Posted 06 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
Streets of Rage 4 Mobile latest version is available on Android and iOS Download for this popular action game on google play store.  Streets Of Rage Download
Posted 10 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
With swim shirts, men's designer swimwear and neoprene men's swimwear, Platinum knows water apparel. Look no further for the best men's swimwear. rash guards for men
Posted 17 Mar 2022

soveda4966 says
Metaverse School GmbH strives to offer browser-based virtual 3D environments and worldwide collaboration spaces for all kind of communication purpose. Our ... TV
Posted 17 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
With swim shirts, men's designer swimwear and neoprene men's swimwear, Platinum knows water apparel. Look no further for the best men's swimwear. rash guards for men
Posted 17 Mar 2022

lojil55700 says
At Bull Brand we have broad range of cigarettes available for you to choose from we stock most of the UK's favourite brands. Buy Here
Posted 18 Mar 2022

Get 10% OFF on your first order when you join the #dogcrushboutique community. Drop your email below and receive your discount code and special updates with exclusive offers straight to your inbox! I promise not to spam. ?? Sweatshirts for Dogs
Posted 18 Mar 2022

Wicksfairy's mission is to provide you with safe candles that you can bring into your home & day to day life. I hope you let my candles "wicks" your stresses & worries away . anti-stress candles
Posted 19 Mar 2022

Albertjhon says
BEAUTY BY YUNI. Store Logo. In-Store. ShapingBeautyGC. Store Logo. Sculpted and Co. Store Logo. In-Store. Cronulla Skin Sanctuary. Store Logo. Cupid & Co. feather eyebrow tattoo gold coast
Posted 20 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
Many online gambling games are available on the Texas88 agile gambling site, apart from bola tangkas and tangkasnet, there is also a royal agile game which is also in great demand by members. bolatangkas
Posted 21 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
Sbowin & Joinsbo is an official Sbobet alternative link site that is also the most famous, especially in Indonesia.  sbowin
Posted 21 Mar 2022

pagoyor983 says
389Sports can be chosen because we have been present since 2017 as a trusted and official online poker agent in Indonesia, join and register yourself at 389Sports now enjoy the various benefits of being our member.  idn poker
Posted 22 Mar 2022

Reply to Topic