"QUEEN’s CLINIC"

50964 views 1085 replies
Reply to Topic
QUEEN VICTORIA

Total Posts: 26285

Hi Friends, as u all know that I am a Doctor. I am qualified Practitioner of Homoeopathy. If you or anyone of your family, have some health problems and want Homeopathic treatment then you can tell me. I’ll be there for your help.

I will try to post here some information about the diseases or other problems, for your knowledge. I hope you will be like it.
Posted 04 Aug 2004

Sinusitis

What is sinusitis?

You're coughing and sneezing and tired and achy. You think that you might be getting a cold. Later, when the medicines you've been taking to relieve the symptoms of the common cold are not working and you've now got a terrible headache, you finally drag yourself to the doctor. After listening to your history of symptoms, examining your face and forehead, and perhaps doing a sinus X-ray, the doctor says you have sinusitis.
Sinusitis simply means your sinuses are infected or inflamed, but this gives little indication of the misery and pain this condition can cause. Health care experts usually divide sinusitis cases into

Acute, which lasts for 3 weeks or less
Chronic, which usually lasts for 3 to 8 weeks but can continue for months or even years
Recurrent, which is several acute attacks within a year

What are sinuses?

Sinuses are hollow air spaces in the human body. When people say, "I'm having a sinus attack," they usually are referring to symptoms in one or more of four pairs of cavities, or sinuses, known as paranasal sinuses. These cavities, located within the skull or bones of the head surrounding the nose, include the:
Frontal sinuses over the eyes in the brow area
Maxillary sinuses inside each cheekbone
Ethmoid sinuses just behind the bridge of the nose and between the eyes
Sphenoid sinuses behind the ethmoids in the upper region of the nose and behind the eyes
Each sinus has an opening into the nose for the free exchange of air and mucus, and each is joined with the nasal passages by a continuous mucous membrane lining. Therefore, anything that causes a swelling in the nose-an infection, an allergic reaction, or an immune reaction-also can affect the sinuses. Air trapped within a blocked sinus, along with pus or other secretions, may cause pressure on the sinus wall. The result is the sometimes intense pain of a sinus attack. Similarly, when air is prevented from entering a paranasal sinus by a swollen membrane at the opening, a vacuum can be created that also causes pain.

Posted 10 Sep 2004

What are the symptoms of sinusitis?

The location of your sinus pain depends on which sinus is affected.
Headache when you wake up in the morning is typical of a sinus problem.
Pain when your forehead over the frontal sinuses is touched may indicate that your frontal sinuses are inflammed.
Infection in the maxillary sinuses can cause your upper jaw and teeth to ache and your cheeks to become tender to the touch.
Since the ethmoid sinuses are near the tear ducts in the corner of the eyes, inflammation of these cavities often causes swelling of the eyelids and tissues around your eyes, and pain between your eyes. Ethmoid inflammation also can cause tenderness when the sides of your nose are touched, a loss of smell, and a stuffy nose.
Although the sphenoid sinuses are less frequently affected, infection in this area can cause earaches, neck pain, and deep aching at the top of your head.
Most people with sinusitis, however, have pain or tenderness in several locations, and their symptoms usually do not clearly indicate which sinuses are inflamed.

Other symptoms of sinusitis can include

Fever
Weakness
Tiredness
A cough that may be more severe at night
Runny nose (rhinitis) or nasal congestion
In addition, the drainage of mucus from the sphenoids or other sinuses down the back of your throat (postnasal drip) can cause you to have a sore throat. Mucus drainage also can irritate the membranes lining your larynx (upper windpipe). Not everyone with these symptoms, however, has sinusitis.

On rare occasions, acute sinusitis can result in brain infection and other serious complications.

Posted 10 Sep 2004

What are some causes of acute sinusitis?
Most cases of acute sinusitis start with a common cold, which is caused by a virus. These viral colds do not cause symptoms of sinusitis, but they do inflame the sinuses. Both the cold and the sinus inflammation usually go away without treatment in 2 weeks. The inflammation, however, might explain why having a cold increases your likelihood of developing acute sinusitis. For example, your nose reacts to an invasion by viruses that cause infections such as the common cold or flu by producing mucus and sending white blood cells to the lining of the nose, which congest and swell the nasal passages.
When this swelling involves the adjacent mucous membranes of your sinuses, air and mucus are trapped behind the narrowed openings of the sinuses. When your sinus openings become too narrow, mucus cannot drain properly. This increase in mucus sets up prime conditions for bacteria to multiply.

Most healthy people harbor bacteria, such as Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae, in their upper respiratory tracts with no problems until the body's defenses are weakened or drainage from the sinuses is blocked by a cold or other viral infection. Thus, bacteria that may have been living harmlessly in your nose or throat can multiply and invade your sinuses, causing an acute sinus infection.

Sometimes, fungal infections can cause acute sinusitis. Although fungi are abundant in the environment, they usually are harmless to healthy people, indicating that the human body has a natural resistance to them. Fungi, such as Aspergillus, can cause serious illness in people whose immune systems are not functioning properly. Some people with fungal sinusitis have an allergic-type reaction to the fungi.

Chronic inflammation of the nasal passages also can lead to sinusitis. If you have allergic rhinitis or hay fever, you can develop episodes of acute sinusitis. Vasomotor rhinitis, caused by humidity, cold air, alcohol, perfumes, and other environmental conditions, also may be complicated by sinus infections.

Acute sinusitis is much more common in some people than in the general population. For example, sinusitis occurs more often in people who have reduced immune function (such as those with immune deficiency diseases or HIV infection) and with abnormality of mucus secretion or mucus movement (such as those with cystic fibrosis).

Posted 10 Sep 2004

What causes chronic sinusitis?

If you have asthma, an allergic disease, you may have frequent episodes of chronic sinusitis.
If you are allergic to airborne allergens, such as dust, mold, and pollen, which trigger allergic rhinitis, you may develop chronic sinusitis. In addition, people who are allergic to fungi can develop a condition called "allergic fungal sinusitis."

If you are subject to getting chronic sinusitis, damp weather, especially in northern temperate climates, or pollutants in the air and in buildings also can affect you.

Like acute sinusitis, you might develop chronic sinusitis if you have an immune deficiency disease or an abnormality in the way mucus moves through and from your respiratory system (e.g., immune deficiency, HIV infection, and cystic fibrosis). In addition, if you have severe asthma, nasal polyps (small growths in the nose), or a severe asthmatic response to aspirin and aspirin-like medicines such as ibuprofen, you might have chronic sinusitis often.

Posted 10 Sep 2004

How is sinusitis diagnosed?

Because your nose can get stuffy when you have a condition like the common cold, you may confuse simple nasal congestion with sinusitis. A cold, however, usually lasts about 7 to 14 days and disappears without treatment. Acute sinusitis often lasts longer and typically causes more symptoms than just a cold.
Your doctor can diagnose sinusitis by listening to your symptoms, doing a physical examination, and taking X-rays, and if necessary, an MRI or CT scan (magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography).

Posted 10 Sep 2004

How can I prevent sinusitis?
Although you cannot prevent all sinus disorders-any more than you can avoid all colds or bacterial infections-you can do certain things to reduce the number and severity of the attacks and possibly prevent acute sinusitis from becoming chronic.
You may get some relief from your symptoms with a humidifier, particularly if room air in your home is heated by a dry forced-air system.
Air conditioners help to provide an even temperature.
Electrostatic filters attached to heating and air conditioning equipment are helpful in removing allergens from the air.
If you are prone to getting sinus disorders, especially if you have allergies, you should avoid cigarette smoke and other air pollutants. If your allergies inflame your nasal passages, you are more likely to have a strong reaction to all irritants.

If you suspect that your sinus inflammation may be related to dust, mold, pollen, or food-or any of the hundreds of allergens that can trigger an upper respiratory reaction-you should consult your doctor. Your doctor can use various tests to determine whether you have an allergy and its cause. This will help you and your doctor take appropriate steps to reduce or limit your allergy symptoms.

Drinking alcohol also causes nasal and sinus membranes to swell.

If you are prone to sinusitis, it may be uncomfortable for you to swim in pools treated with chlorine, since it irritates the lining of the nose and sinuses.

Divers often get sinus congestion and infection when water is forced into the sinuses from the nasal passages.

You may find that air travel poses a problem if you are suffering from acute or chronic sinusitis. As air pressure in a plane is reduced, pressure can build up in your head blocking your sinuses or eustachian tubes in your ears. Therefore, you might feel discomfort in your sinus or middle ear during the plane's ascent or descent. Some doctors recommend using decongestant nose drops or inhalers before your flight to avoid this problem.

Posted 10 Sep 2004

new_beau says
OH GOD ! That means I got SINUS
Posted 11 Sep 2004

Ashii says
ohhh GOD
that meannnssssssss

i

gotttt

nothing yarrr

aik min liye to me bhi darr gai thi yar,,
kya na queeny,, but it s really good to know that, coz i think i already had it, but as i never go to doc, ehemmmmm..
Posted 11 Sep 2004

Freddy says
hi doc mein app ki batayee hoyee davee lei raha hoon and it works too but jub bei mujay bohot zeyada gussa aata hai ya pareshaani aati hai meray halaat phir vesay he ho jati hai :(

agar app meri bemari kay matalik bhool chuki hain tu meri parchi app ko ess topic kay 4th ya 5th page paar mil jayee gey

aik ore cheez meray sir ki backside paar dabaoo sa rehta hai pain nahi hoti but aesa lugta hai jesay sir ka pechla hisaa kisi nein dabaa kay rukha hoa hai...even gurdaan sedhi nahi hoti ..esaa lugta hai jesay koi bhooj rukh dea hai gardaan paar jis ko utha kay chul raha hoon..

jub gussa ya pareshaan hota hoon uss wakt zeyada hota hai ore agar na hoo raha hoo tu jub walk karta hon tu 200 ya 300 qadam chalnay kay baad ye shuru ho jata hai chala be nahi jata essa lugta hai jesay pechay sei koi sir ko pakar kay juka raha hai..and blood pressure be almost low he rehta hai.. haan aik cheez ore agar mein nein koi cap pehan rukhi ho tu ye bilkul nahi hota ya mein sir ka pechala hissa daba kay rakoon tu be nahi hota magar jub dabaoo hatata hoon tu chakaar sa aa jata hai..

app mujay bata sakti hain ye kya hai ?? ore kue hota hai ore ess kay leye koi davayee wagera

I need informations about kala yarkaan ess ki elamateen wagera kya hai
Posted 12 Sep 2004

new_beau says
Faradiya jee...koi x-ray waghaira o kerwao pehlay...
Posted 12 Sep 2004

Night says
okay Doc, I got problem with my heart.
Unwell for 4 days... high fever and my heart beating too fast. I havent seen doctor yet, I work till midnight,no time to see them.

its okay now, it just I'm afraid I'll get heart attack.
Posted 12 Sep 2004

Freddy says
x-ray kue
Posted 12 Sep 2004

Ashii says
advice for fradiya :
x ray kissi lady doctor se na karwana warna
sirf fatoor hi nikle ga
kheehkehekehekehekeheee...

hey queeny just one quest,,
i ve a little pb with my hands,, they sometimes become alllllll red, itchy and fingers swell
but koi skin pb nahi hai,, like rashed wagera or spots
Posted 12 Sep 2004

faradiya said:

hi doc mein app ki batayee hoyee davee lei raha hoon and it works too but jub bei mujay bohot zeyada gussa aata hai ya pareshaani aati hai meray halaat phir vesay he ho jati hai :(

agar app meri bemari kay matalik bhool chuki hain tu meri parchi app ko ess topic kay 4th ya 5th page paar mil jayee gey

aik ore cheez meray sir ki backside paar dabaoo sa rehta hai pain nahi hoti but aesa lugta hai jesay sir ka pechla hisaa kisi nein dabaa kay rukha hoa hai...even gurdaan sedhi nahi hoti ..esaa lugta hai jesay koi bhooj rukh dea hai gardaan paar jis ko utha kay chul raha hoon..

jub gussa ya pareshaan hota hoon uss wakt zeyada hota hai ore agar na hoo raha hoo tu jub walk karta hon tu 200 ya 300 qadam chalnay kay baad ye shuru ho jata hai chala be nahi jata essa lugta hai jesay pechay sei koi sir ko pakar kay juka raha hai..and blood pressure be almost low he rehta hai.. haan aik cheez ore agar mein nein koi cap pehan rukhi ho tu ye bilkul nahi hota ya mein sir ka pechala hissa daba kay rakoon tu be nahi hota magar jub dabaoo hatata hoon tu chakaar sa aa jata hai..

app mujay bata sakti hain ye kya hai ?? ore kue hota hai ore ess kay leye koi davayee wagera

main aap ki last post dobara check karoon gi lakin tab tak aap kisi doctor say apna blood pressure check karwa k mujhay batain phir hi main aap ko kuch bata sakti hoon
aur behter ho ga k BPoos waq check karwain jab aapko head ache ho ya jaisak aap nay kaha garden per bojh mahsoos hota hai....ok?
Posted 14 Sep 2004

Night said:

okay Doc, I got problem with my heart.
Unwell for 4 days... high fever and my heart beating too fast. I havent seen doctor yet, I work till midnight,no time to see them.

its okay now, it just I'm afraid I'll get heart attack.

yeh sirf high temparature k baad honay wali weakness ki wajah say hua tha
Posted 14 Sep 2004

SALL said:

hey queeny just one quest,,
i ve a little pb with my hands,, they sometimes become alllllll red, itchy and fingers swell
but koi skin pb nahi hai,, like rashed wagera or spots

Sall tumhain kisi type ki allergy hai. ab is ki cause koi bhi ho sakti hai
your hand lotion
ditergent(soaps,face wash etc)in ko change ker k daikh lo
Posted 14 Sep 2004

faradiya said:

It calls HEPATITIS C
I will post info abt it very soon.plz wait
Posted 14 Sep 2004

new_beau says
Very Quick and Good Answers...WELDONE QUEENY
Posted 14 Sep 2004

Freddy says
blood pressure Low hota hai uss wakt kafi low doc nein be kaha tha kay namkeen chezeen zeyada khaoon
Posted 15 Sep 2004

new_beau says
TRY "KIT KAT" - IT WORKS
Posted 15 Sep 2004

faradiya said:

blood pressure Low hota hai uss wakt kafi low doc nein be kaha tha kay namkeen chezeen zeyada khaoon

ok please apna Haemoglobin level bhi check karwa lo.
aap kay problem cure hona koi itna bara masla nahin
check karwa kbatana phir main aap ki helpkaroon gi ager aap chaho to.....
take care
Posted 15 Sep 2004

thanx Nb aur yeh kit kat wala kya formula hai low Bp k liye
Posted 15 Sep 2004

Hepatitis C Causes

Hepatitis C is caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV). The word hepatitis simply means inflammation of the liver.
There are several different kinds of viral hepatitis. In each case, the virus, once inside the body, begins to live in the liver cells, interferes with the normal activity of these cells, and then uses the cells' inner machinery to make more copies of the virus which then infect other healthy cells.

The hepatitis C virus is very skilled at changing itself quickly. In fact there are at least six major types of HCV (referred to as genotypes) and more than 50 subtypes. This is part of the reason why the body cannot fight the virus effectively and why researchers have not been able to develop a vaccine against HCV. The genotype does not affect the severity of the infection or how quickly it progresses, but people with certain genotypes of HCV may not respond as well as others to treatment.

Posted 15 Sep 2004

How Is It Spread?

Hepatitis C is usually spread from one person to another by direct exposure to infected blood or blood products, and needles or other sharp objects. With hepatitis C, there is risk associated with everyday events such as bleeding from cuts or nosebleeds, and blood from menstruation. Household personal items that come in contact with the blood of an infected person can become a means of spreading the virus (for example, toothbrushes, razors, or manicure instruments).
The risk of contracting hepatitis C through sexual contact is higher for people with multiple sexual partners. Hepatitis C is rarely spread from an infected mother to her newborn or to other members of the household. However, if the mother is also HIV-positive, the risk of passing the hepatitis C virus is much higher. Breastfeeding does not appear to transmit the hepatitis C virus.

If you have hepatitis C, you cannot infect others through hugging, shaking hands, sneezing, coughing, sharing eating utensils or drinking glasses, kissing on the cheek, casual contact, or other contact that doesn't involve exposure to blood.

A person infected with hepatitis C may become infectious to others as soon as 2 weeks after being infected themselves.

Posted 15 Sep 2004

Posted 15 Sep 2004

Hepatitis C Symptoms

Often, people infected with hepatitis C have no symptoms--even when the infection has been in their bodies for years.
If symptoms are present, they may be vague and include:

Tiredness
Loss of appetite
Stomach pain
Dark urine
Yellowing of skin or eyes (called "jaundice") in rare cases
In some cases, hepatitis C may lead to an increase in certain liver enzymes, which can be detected during routine blood tests. However, some people with chronic hepatitis C may have fluctuating or even normal liver enzyme levels.

Therefore, it is important to get tested if you think you are at risk for hepatitis C, or if you have come into contact with an infected person or object. The only way to positively identify the disease is through a blood test.

Posted 15 Sep 2004

Consequences

Only about 15% of patients who get infected with the hepatitis C virus clear the virus spontaneously without any long-term health consequences. This is called an acute infection. Unfortunately, in the majority of people, the disease becomes chronic. (A disease is considered "chronic" if it lasts longer than 6 months.) Chronic hepatitis C is one of the most serious forms of hepatitis and poses a risk of long-term medical complications, especially if it goes untreated.
People with chronic hepatitis C are at increased risk of end-stage liver disease and liver cancer. A small proportion of people with chronic hepatitis will develop liver damage that is serious enough to require liver transplantation. In fact, liver disease related to chronic hepatitis C is the leading reason for liver transplantation today. About one third of liver cancer cases in the US are a result of chronic hepatitis C infection. The incidence of hepatitis C-related liver cancer is continuing to increase in the US and throughout the world because of the many people who have been infected for years.

Posted 15 Sep 2004

Although chronic hepatitis C may not produce symptoms, the damage to the liver often continues and gets worse with time. When the liver is damaged (for example, by the hepatitis C virus), it tries to repair itself and forms small scars. This scar formation is called fibrosis. A greater amount of fibrosis indicates more severe and more advanced disease. Eventually, the liver may become cirrhotic (full of scars). The structure of the liver cells begins to break down, and the liver can no longer function normally. The liver damage caused by chronic hepatitis C usually occurs gradually over a period of 20 years, but some factors can make the disease progress much more quickly, including alcohol use, male gender, age, and HIV infection.

Because hepatitis C infection can damage the liver without any symptoms, it is important to get diagnosed early and discuss treatment options with your doctor. Studies have shown that patients who get treated before significant liver damage has occurred are more likely to respond to treatment than patients who are diagnosed and treated later in the disease course
Posted 15 Sep 2004

Hepatitis C In Relationship To Other Diseases

Hepatitis C and Other Forms of Viral Hepatitis
Although all hepatitis viruses affect the liver, hepatitis C is different from hepatitis B and hepatitis A. One major difference is that there is no vaccine for hepatitis C. The hepatitis B virus is more likely to be spread through sexual contact. Hepatitis A, unlike hepatitis B and C, does not cause chronic disease.

HCV and HIV
HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) and the hepatitis C virus have similarities but important differences. Both HCV and HIV are viruses that can cause chronic disease. Some of the risk factors, such as IV drug use and blood transfusions before 1992, are also common between the two viruses. In fact, almost one third of HIV-infected people, especially those who acquired HIV through transfusions or intravenous drug use, are also infected with HCV.

In persons who are infected with HCV and HIV, chronic hepatitis C becomes serious much more quickly than in HIV-negative persons. If you are HIV positive, talk to your doctor about hepatitis C.

Posted 15 Sep 2004

new_beau says
Queen Victoria said:

thanx Nb aur yeh kit kat wala kya formula hai low Bp k liye

Really I am not Kiddin.....In Low BP...Take A Heavy Chocolate or a Cup of Coffe...It helps to be normal...
Posted 15 Sep 2004

Reply to Topic